Thursday 5 March 2020

I've Done All The Dumb Things

Like Paul Kelly would say. Brilliant song. But I digress. I am now busy being irritated with property agents who don't bother to return my emails. Surprise surprise, no wonder people think they're shady.

Leela. Looking clever.
The first dumb thing was me incurring several hard searches because I was impatient to see whether I could secure finance. I got a yes, but the flat in question is now clearly unsuitable for me. Oh well, no real harm done long-term.

I didn't enter quite as many comps in February as I could have, being so busy with trying to work overtime. I am going backards at the moment and not earning enough to cover my outgoings, which is a bit depressing when working two jobs. Ironically, if I owned rather than rented, my monthly bills would be lower. It's very expensive to be poor.

The second dumb thing was being late for work because I somehow got my starting time mixed up. Fortunately nobody was upset and I've picked up some more extra shifts for later in the week.

Sadly, the MySupermarket website seems to have gone kaput, which was my go-to when finding out what things cost. Boooo. So, based on the supermarket site itself I've been given free food in the past week worth £45.63. And that's on the prices I'd have paid for the cheaper brands and kinds of those foods. The retail price is over £80. Needless to say, son and I stuffed ourselves this evening.

In: my first payment from HuYu (£5.00 voucher for Tesco).

No comments:

Post a Comment