Sunday 21 February 2021

Official Half-Way Point

Just of the walls.

Not the completed walls, just the wallpaper stripping part.

I think this is a good representation of just how much I'm enjoying the whole process. I'm so afraid of setting off the fire alarm again that I don't dare use the steamer or sander for more than twenty minutes at a time. All the doors and windows are open with the bathroom fan running, and working in this is freezing, but hey, this shall pass.

I have sanded most of the first wall. New plan is to do one wall at a time completely, rather than having shredded woodchip, plaster dust, filler, primer and paint covering the whole flat at once. In theory there will be one neat little corner to put my bed and stuff in, all covered in drop sheets.

Today is a "wash laundry" and "pack stuff" day instead of walls, and I am also going to research and buy the primer paint. I have even researched and selected my coloured paint, too. Ultra-budget. Go me.

Freebies: black tin bread bin, fruit bowl, wire basket, Irish cream liqueur, cheese crackers and cream crackers (thank you, anonymous neighbour). Also my dinner, which is Cajun chicken with cherry tomatoes and green beans.

Things I wanted but didn't buy: all the wardrobes, dressing tables, chairs and lamps that I stupidly keep browsing.

Stop Press: I bought the really expensive primer after shopping around, £72 with free delivery (saving £20 over buying it in person locally). Also, I really, truly wanted to buy the cheap "no frills" kind of primer, but doing a bit of reading tells me that I want the specialty stuff to avoid a world of pain. Life is too short to make all mistakes ourselves, so it's a good idea to learn from the mistakes of others...

No comments:

Post a Comment