Wednesday 24 February 2021

What I Done Did

Packed all my clothes and moved them over. Plus my drawers and a bunch of random stuff. (How did I manage to get so much stuff?) My old room is starting to look bare, which is actually reassuring.

While I was over there, I pulled down the crusty fluorescent globe from the kitchen - reflected just how old that thing is by now - until I discovered that both living room lights were incandescent, globes not sold in the past 12 years. And they were both still working. Also, I finally managed to get the bulbs out of the light fitting on the wall. They were tightly wedged into the fitting and wouldn't budge. I was actually researching new light fittings (while very worried about how to safely get a new one installed). I ended up having to go all smashy on the glass, then use pliers on the metal fixing. The previous owner had put high-wattage globes into what should have only held 40w, and had also managed to put globes that were too big to hang onto and remove... cheers, whoever you were, your lighting choices sucked.

I have sprayed the mould under the bay window and hope that it is just due to poor ventilation and a lack of heating for a year and a half. Speaking of heating, the wall heater kept blowing the fuse, so I've bought a new one. It's glass, it looks like a giant phone, and is fancy enough to have an app so that you can control it. This cost me £50 more than the cheapest one I could find, but I figure it will be nice to turn the heating on just before I drive home from somewhere, plus, it looks about 50 years more modern. Now of course I've got to figure out how to get the old one off the wall and put the new one up.

Necessary.
Foolish: I went into the pound shop, with the aim of getting sanding blocks and a small scraper. I also managed to get sugar soap, toothpaste, a car window demister, a pack of snap knives, the mould spray, and goodness knows what else that I've forgotten. Still, I didn't buy any self-goodies, apart from very-necessary Biscoff, so there's that.

Dinner: Fish and chips (well, haddock goujons and hash browns) plus a salad. All free. It almost feels like treating myself to a takeaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment