Saturday 26 February 2022

One Hour Of My Life

Gone. I want it back. And actually, it went over time. Seventy-five minutes of absolute information overload on Zoom, on how to use the government's careers site and the minutiae of do's and don'ts in an effective CV. Formatting, fonts, spacing, blah blah blah.

Can I just note that Ronald was concerned that he couldn't see himself in the chat room, Des couldn't figure out how to mute his microphone and Eric had his video switched on the entire time, so we got to watch him look utterly baffled for the entire hour, with his mouth open and staring at the screen? I do not think that anyone really learned anything from this information spewage, certainly not the ones who were technology-challenged.

I am most disappointed at not being invited to give feedback on the seminar.

Someone made this. I approve.
The two research sessions went well though and I quite enjoyed them. They were both one-on-one which is new to me, but both people were receptive and it wasn't taxing work. One of them was even for a company which I hate (and they knew it) but to his credit the researcher was still very pleasant and in the end he asked for my rating out of 7. I rated it a 6 without having to lie in any way. It was certainly much nicer than having to deal with that company in person.

It did remind me of that splendid Facebook exchange with Brendan though. Here it is, if you need a brilliant laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment