Friday 4 February 2022

I ams teh detective

Well, I think I know why I didn't get the supermarket role. It seems the Powers That Be have put a hiring freeze on, a thing they have done before. Being a small and temporary contract, it's likely the one I applied for was deemed non-essential. I've checked their website for the past few days and no new ads are appearing at all for the convenience stores.

This will eventually lead to store managers tearing out their hair and demanding the right to hire, and so I wait. In the meantime I will keep an eye out for interesting-looking roles in the large stores. I don't mind travelling if I get a full day out of it, providing it's not Only Putting Beans On Shelves like last time.

I found a dozen recommended traditional market research companies and am signing up to them one by one. You can't do many surveys like this, but it's still something.

Another day, another walk, another shaking leaf stumbling home. This is getting old. I don't even dare to walk down the cliff path to the beach, in case getting back up is horrible. Still, I can sort of imagine the sea air (can't smell it still!) and it is nice to stand at the top and look over the view.

Hopeful: that I'll be accepted into a research study worth about £50. It seems like I tick all the boxes. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment