Friday 18 February 2022

Unimpressed, now in plain font

I looked up the bargain shop in question once I got home, just to ignore the Shank's Pony suggestion from the other day, aiming to apply directly through the website. There on the front page was a declaration that employment applications are only accepted online. This is standard in 2022 so why that lady wanted me to print my CV and apply in person, I'll never know. I searched for the store in question and there were only two roles available. One is a senior management role (not the one she implored me to apply for) and the other is a fixed-term cashier role with a firm contract end date of Christmas Eve, last year. And they don't mean this year, because they even included that it's a Friday, which was 2021. I am trying to decide whether to apply. It allegedly closes in three weeks' time, so there is time to think.

Honestly I'm irritated as all hell but have no emotional energy to argue anymore. Mostly I'm pissed at all these things costing me petrol money and time away from doing actual paid work, like the £10/hour research work I did on Prolific Academic just before writing this post.

Now I've got myself into a Mood™.

Update: The super-duper job coach, isn't. Quelle surprise. She was very nice, but essentially just paid to read me their privacy statement and tell me about all the programmes in their portal thing. I'm to be contacted by yet another job coach type person, who will discuss some kind of programme to... honestly I can't remember what magical things this person will apparently do because I've received nothing but a wall of information about programmes lately, and my head is spinning. I don't have high hopes, particularly when it was noted that I probably wasn't in need of any assistance...

She did have a cool tool to tell me about which calculates how much better off I'll be in work. I plugged in my info and it has predicted that my Universal Credit payment will be £0.26 per week. (Where's my 26p? I want my missing cash.) It also told me that if I were successful at the role the 18yo had told me about, and taking my transport costs into account, I'd be effectively earning £2 an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment