Saturday 16 April 2022

Braaaaaaaiiiiiins.

They're weird. And mine is definitely affected. Probably by Covid; but I will concede it is possible I am just becoming a strange old woman.

Not this Brain.
I've noticed that I "tune out" the headset a lot of the time at work as I literally cannot follow the conversation. Sometimes it's people talking too fast for me to follow, sometimes it's not clear enough, and sometimes it's because I can't concentrate on the till at the same time. I am not too bothered, but I do know that I used to cope with it ok in my last job.

I'm also reluctant to do quite a few surveys that look as if they'll require thinking, or that go for more than a few minutes. I know laziness is not new, but I think now I avoid them because thinking is hard work. Concentrating on driving is now a thing; it's only 15 minutes to work, and that's ok, but the idea of a long-distance drive now leaves me unimpressed. For someone who loved driving, that is weird. I told you brains are weird.

It is kind of fascinating in a detached way and it makes me wonder if things will improve or stay the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment