Wednesday 6 April 2022

Fridge Full Of Scratch

I am determined (at least for this week) not to waste any food, and my fridge is still chock-full of vegetables. Tonight I made a salad, and then cooked prawns in a value-range curry with baby potatoes. I bought a bag of "wonky" baby potatoes from Big Orange Supermarket, but considering they are all tough-skinned, next time I will just buy an enormous bag of standard spuds from my own work for £2.

I still have 7 courgettes 😂 and just FYI, ruby red grapefruit isn't delicious in lemon tea. I feel like I'm drinking a warm gin & tonic. Going to try it in an OJ spritzer instead 😂

I've been far too slack in applying for market research and today I gave myself a stern talking-to about not upholding my end of the deal. Doing extra hours at work instead is certainly not easier and not better-paid, and I need to shape up. Speaking of work it's another week of pitiful new overtime on offer, so I've loaded up next week instead and will have six days in a row - not ideal, but mostly they're short days so I should be ok. It's proving hard to plan ahead and know whether I'll have enough hours available, so I need to take them whenever I can.

Spendy McSpenderson is eyeing up a cheap treadmill. I'm getting tired of carrying the extra weight and need to get my fitness back up. I'm not buying it yet, but keeping that web page open to remind myself to earn & save up the money. We will see if that makes me do it.

77.7%. Delightful.
One of these days I'll manage to refinance my loan... I'm with a bunch of credit history sites which all claim they'll help me save money and improve my finances. One of them warned me that I was "at risk" with my "expensive" loan currently costing me 11.5%. Ok, I'll bite, I thought, and did a comparison search since it seemed very confident it would get me a great deal to help me save interest. The "top rated" result offered me an interest rate of 77.7%. Sensational. Although tempting, I have opted to stay "at risk" and continue to pay my 11.5%.

Hopefully they will continue to send me thoughts and prayers. 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment