Thursday 14 April 2022

Paying For It

Did a double shift earlier this week... felt perfectly fine after the first half... then sat down and ate my lunch. When I stood up again, I knew the day was going to be too much for me. I ended up incredibly stiff and sore. Lesson learned, an eight-hour day is a no.

Quite pleased to have lined up another future week of decent shifts. Finances are still incredibly tight but there is hope for getting on top of bills in the future. Big Boss man grabbed me during the week to say he'd noticed I was doing extra shifts, and that anytime I would like a larger contract just to let him know. So that was nice. Right now I don't want the contract changed - I want some kind of control on when I work and for how long - which is a pain, you know, because I'm broke, but this is where we are. After doing two days of six hours, I got a call this morning offering me an extra day, and despite how empty my bank account is, I had to say no. I could barely move. I've spent the day napping and mentally preparing myself for my evening shift!

Just for a change, I've been trying out games for cash instead of doing surveys. Verdict: it's incredibly poor pay for slaving away at terrible games and most of them consist mainly of watching constant ads. Ugh. I don't think the people who made these games have actually played them. The odd "decent game" requires many hours of play time to reach the payout level, which is a problem if you have a job/life. Currently doing jigsaw puzzles watching ads for £4.

The heater I bought? It's broken. I now have to pack it up and return it. I'm getting tired of this happening from Amazon, because every time, I have to pay to print the return slip and then take it to the post office - and that isn't easy for me with a heavy heater, there is a reason I paid for delivery! Grrr.

Mood: 😴

No comments:

Post a Comment