Saturday 28 January 2023

Harry Insomnia and the Three Dumb Dreams

  1. Pipsqueak (my coworker) fainted on the shop floor. I went with him to A&E to get him checked over. He refused to let them remove his shoes because he needed them for driving home. He does not drive and nor does he have a car.
  2. I was an employee of Qantas. My uniform jacket wasn't exactly the right colour. I decided to walk around for a couple of minutes, and I missed the plane to London. There was nobody from Qantas around to ask what I should do, so some airport workers then kindly gave me a chair storage room to use. I was very pleased about that.
  3. Two customers seemed to need medical attention so I walked them over to the hospital next door. On arrival I realised the girl was a hospital worker pretending to be seriously ill. The older man then did the same. The staff all laughed, so I screamed at them. I then got a very serious warning from my boss, who was actually my boss from 22 years ago.

This is what happens, apparently, when I have to change my medication. Apparently somewhere in that fog, I transferred too much money onto a credit card, so it was in credit. Oops. I've now got more cash than I expected.

I did show up uninvited on that day off. Good Boss immediately asked me to run service and Blondie was thrilled. I said Bluey should be doing it (an actual trainee) but this was waved off. It went perfectly, because it is an easy job. But now all all three actual trainees are upset - Bluey and Little Fish want practice, and Model is miffed that Blondie only trusts me. So I gave Good Boss and Big Boss a headsup, and they just laughed. 💁 Weird thing: Blondie has told me in private that I have "been discussed" and if I ever applied for a management role elsewhere they would all be "telling that store she is the one they need to hire". I accused him of trying to push me out the door 😆 But anyway, they did listen, because Bluey ran service tonight. Very nervously...

Also spent another afternoon yesterday with Ratty. I had a banging headache all day which ibuprofen and paracetamol did not touch. She got ratty with me at one point for a ridiculous reason, and my response was to tell her I had a headache, which thankfully then allowed me not to speak to her for the last four hours. 😑 Fortunately she was mostly distracted by keeping an eye on Bluey, and I just did anything I wanted for the rest of the shift. 😁 At least today I've woken up without the headache!

No comments:

Post a Comment