Saturday 7 January 2023

The Small Win

My hard work over Christmas has paid off with a contract increase at work. It is small, but it came from money they don't have, so it's definitely a kindness 😃 I also have to take some holiday in late January, so I plan for a do-nothing week of relaxation. Can't afford to go anywhere with it but I'll attempt to earn money with surveys while I am home.

Plus, I can do with a week away from Ratty, who has been really ratty lately and just unpleasant in general to work with. I don't know what's up her arse, but it's being taken out on everyone else.

Another medical travel expedition is coming next week, which will be tiring but should be otherwise unremarkable and routine. The flights, transfers and accommodation are paid for (around £200) and all I should have to pay for is three days' worth of food. I'm planning to raid my kitchen and take lots of snacks that I already have.

Bargain: packet of chicken for 5p. 🍗

Spendy McSpenderson: I spent £6 of my Testable Minds earnings on a Rev Comps raffle ticket, on a ticket to win a car. Or maybe two tickets. And I also maybe plan to buy another two as soon as my last study pays out (hopefully tomorrow while the cheap ticket is still on sale for the small car I liked). Because, you know, I really need a working car. 🚗

No comments:

Post a Comment