Sunday 22 January 2023

The Uneventfulness

The latest exciting frugal events included crotchet for a few hours (it will be a gift), and preparing four salads for work (while eating a delicious sandwich). I even made dinner (and a spare!) plus took a spin on my exercise bike (no more gym membership). I picked up the car mats I'd kept from the 107 which the buyer kindly held for me until I could come back. There's also a new set of hub caps which maybe I'll get around to selling on Facebook Marketplace.

The original Mogwai.
Not the one I work with.
Scrolling through my old posts I suddenly realised: my ankle isn't giving me problems right now! I'd completely forgotten about it. Funny how a week of not running about constantly will allow the body to heal. Nice.

To my vague annoyance our shop is hiring while they are supposedly over budget. I immediately lost any & all guilt for taking a cheeky overtime shift last week. On my day off this week I can see they're down to three staff for the close so I'm just going to show up and help. (One of those three staff is Mogwai the Class Clown and really that means Blondie will only have two useful staff.)

Spendy McSpenderson's Overshare: last week I looked into, er, let's call them Special Ladies' Underwear for hormonal times. These things are generally very expensive but I found some online at less than half the usual price, hoping they wouldn't be rubbish. I am so impressed that I've just bought another five. So, whelp, £50 gone on ten pairs of knickers. But no regrets! 😁

I have submitted an application to be a steward for The Green Gathering festival in August. I really hope that I'm accepted, I would absolutely love to go and this way I would get to go for free in exchange for three half-days of helping out. 👏

No comments:

Post a Comment