Monday 16 January 2023

The Action Week

So I went pottering about in my usual credit reference site and realised I have a pre-approval for a car loan. They've said that before so I didn't believe it, and checked five other sites... four of them agreed that yes, I would get it. It seems I have just hit the magic "three years in current career" and also my new contract has pushed me into a high enough income bracket, both of which lenders like. Long story short I am currently having my loan finalised right now and touch wood will be the proud owner of a lovely little red 2015 SEAT Ibiza. 😍 And I got a very, very acceptable interest rate on it too, which is nice.

First World Problems: I'm not sure I can cope with owning a car that looks this nice.

Why would I do this when I said I would never do car finance? Because I realised that to get all the work done on my 107 within the next decade, I would effectively be paying 25% interest by having that repair sit on a credit card. A car loan is not ideal, but at least now I'll get 3h of my time back each day and I can fix the 107 later, then sell it. Also, this is hire purchase - which is just a normal loan, secured on the car, and at the end of the repayments, you own it.

I did eat my salads. Also my egg risotto. I have the whole week off work (forced!) and intend to do as little as possible. Tomorrow I have a "phone consultation" with a health care assistant, but I am not convinced it will be very useful. Our health care shortage in this country is criminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment