Thursday 23 January 2020

So I Got My First Testable Minds Payment

And I was very excited and pleased with the amount. Although it doesn't have many studies to do just yet, they all seem to pay very well :) So a tenative thumbs-up for Testable Minds.

But trying to cash it out today in PayPal highlighted the horrific fees PayPal charges... 7% for getting hold of my own money! Outrageous. Testable's support team recommended I look into Revolut since it's fee-free at present, so I've had a bit of a learning experience today getting to know it a bit.

I have created my account, and literally had it up and running in less than five minutes. It has quite a few interesting features so I thought I'd give it a go. Its main setup is that it works as a reloadable card which can be used anywhere in the world with no currency conversion fees.

This part I found quite interesting, because while my son is here, he will be earning money in pounds, but eventually will want to use his money in Euros once he leaves England - and this card should allow him to spend that money without losing a big chunk in exchange rates. Not only that, it operates as a pseudo bank account (he should be able to get paid wages into it) and it interfaces with Google Pay, meaning we can use our phones to pay for our grocery shopping, bus tickets, pub lunches.

Revolut normally charges £5 for the physical card but if you use this link to join, the card is free.

I have started my new job - the people are very helpful but it's all very confusing and there is so much to take in! Hopefully it gets easier as I learn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment