Wednesday 8 January 2020

The £10 Grocery Challenge - The Continuation

Day 2

Milk was added.
Here, in all its glory, is my amazing cereal. Behold the glamour of mess. Delicious, no! But it does contain banana chips which made it edible, and it also used up some more cereal.

I believe that in your travels you may already have seen a sandwich, or two, so I will spare you the photo. Today, it contained lemon curd, from the fridge. It was accompanied by coffee (I made sure there was plenty of coffee before commencing this challenge... that's where I draw the line.)

I ate the banana for my snack, like a good girl.

With bonus shadows.
And now for the main event: dinner! The long-awaited exciting photograph that you've been waiting for. Oh wait. Yeah, stew isn't that amazing to look at it, is it? (Especially when I forget to turn on the flash.) But in any case, here it is, and it was lovely.

It took three hours and was worth the wait.

I felt very proud of myself!

Day 3

The text is in Italian.
Just for something different, today's breakfast was...cereal. But it actually was different, mainly so that I could present a different image to you. Look! This was even frugal, as it was left behind by a housemate moving house. Sealed and everything. Yes... despite the fact that my place is overflowing with cereal, I saw a freebie and couldn't help myself.

Today was otherwise a wash, and I failed. I had a very frustrating official-ly early morning appointment followed by failing in purchasing a (necessary) particular item at three different shops, and by this point it was mid-afternoon, I'd eaten my apple, I still wasn't home, and I ran out of patience and bought a takeaway lunch. With a takeaway coffee. And also a tub of reduced hummous. As penance, this challenge is going to have to last an extra day. Or two.

Due to the lunchtime shenanigans, I didn't make a main meal for dinner. I had some toast, and for a snack I had some hummous with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment