Monday 13 January 2020

So I'm Doing A Survey, Right

"Which of these supermarkets is a place you'd feel proud to shop at?"

I mean... think about it. Isn't this the entire problem with our world of over-consumption? People spending money not based on need but so that they can tell people about it? I mean, what?

Is this really a thing? Do people go around proudly telling people where they choose to put more money into a till? Is there elevated status involved if my milk and bread were more expensive than yours or had a different value brand label?

Don't get me wrong, my workmates and I do discuss our grocery shopping, mainly for practical tips like which one has the good specials and which one is a parking nightmare and which one's flowers always die within two days. And if certain products are genuinely better quality, fine. But as a status symbol, no. Perhaps I just don't mix with the right crowd buahaha!

In: 1000 Nectar points / £5.00 from e-Rewards

I have a job interview for a part-time job in a shop. I do hope I get it as it will fit around my existing job. I am not jinxing myself here because by the time this post goes live, I'll have already been to the interview.

Spent: on some chocolates and a card for a workmate's birthday. :)

I WAS REALLY PLEASED to see my name in the official tickets list for a car I was trying to win by sending in a postcard.

I was really displeased not to win it.

Never mind, I have another 40 entries yet! So far!

Task for the day: walking up to the place where my son will be staying, to check it out and book his stay. And of course it's blowing a gale and I'm going to get wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment