Wednesday 17 August 2022

Healed.

Healed, completely, plus an extra day just in case. The awful part of this is that there is no longer any excuse for avoiding the gym 😂

I have been doing some heavy-duty thinking about what I'd like to achieve in the long term and have made some decisions. Not all of it is new, but I think I was deluding myself if I thought that simply wanting something would make it happen. So...

  • My weight down by 11kg by end of year, to get BMI under 30. Ideally even better, but I will aim for that and maybe shoot the moon.
  • Visit my Aussie family within six months. Yeowch, expensive. But it's important to me.
  • Get my bathroom replaced by the end of 2023.
  • Visit Spain or France for a week, by end of 2023.
  • Have partition walls built in my flat to make it 1 bedroom, by end of 2023.
  • Refinance to a mortgage by end of 2023! This is not really dependent on me but on how the management of the building goes, but here's hoping.
  • New carpet by mid-2024.
  • Visit Finland again by mid-2024.
  • Buy a campervan by end of 2024.
  • Own a camping plot by mid-2025. Not too fussed on what, just a small plot somewhere that I can camp on and disconnect for a weekend.
  • 2026-onwards, think about upsizing to a bigger flat... and then think about fostering.
These are all things that I daydream about alllll the time, but mostly people get caught up in the day-to-day and it's not a real surprise that nothing happens if all I do is dream. For the first two, at least I have made some moves towards them. I also saw a plot I wanted last week (£8,000 starting bid) and it has fallen through at 10k, and is back on offer again next week. Even though I know the time isn't right, you can bet I'll be watching that auction.

A lot of the expensive things depend on refinancing, because right now I pay a lot off on borrowing, and a mortgage would dramatically free up cash. It's a road block. I know that people will be shocked by the fostering idea, but I have been thinking about it for years and haven't had the space or finances. There's a kid out there who needs a home, and after upsizing, I could do that. But we will see.

Winner: Neighbour #8 fitted a new tap near my plants 😍 I can now actually fill my watering can OUTSIDE! This is brilliant. They've invited me for drinks on the weekend and now the challenge is to think of something I can buy them as a thank you gift. I might just default to chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment