Monday 1 August 2022

The Busywork Dilemma

Dilemma has done it again. She had a new assessor attend to do the fire risk assessment, and he has also done a general risk assessment. Ladies and gentlemen Dilemma has now run off to get quotes on 1,001 ridiculous small things that are honestly, well, ridiculous. Included are a safety handrail (for two steps!), a barrier rail beside our driveway in case someone falls 30cm to their death, a fence around the roof (it's not a place people should be in the first place), remedial work needed for a 10cm wide drain which is not completely level with the cement, it goes on and on.

I get that certain things are important but the number is sheer lunacy.

Also, I'm in a mood, as I dropped my phone this afternoon and despite its builder's case, it has hairline cracks radiating up from the bottom corner. Grrr. No loss to functionality that I can tell, but still, grrr. It's ten months old, so I am grrr. Screen replacement would be the same price as replacing the phone, so... I've ordered a new glass protector sheet for it and hopefully the phone lasts another year (and an extra glass sheet is coming with it, just in case, since it was only a pound more for two).

No comments:

Post a Comment