Sunday 7 August 2022

Play Toy

For about eight or nine months now I have been buying Bitcoin each month (as a curiosity). I just set up an auto buy of £4 each month as I figured it had gone up over time and might be interesting to watch. The cash for this comes from my Testable Minds earnings, which pays into my Revolut account, so it's easy to do and money I don't miss in the first place (plus, it's actually made me pay attention to my TM page now and then to do a few studies for a few more pounds).

Needless to say I started at the peak and it has dropped like a stone over those months. It's worth a grand total of £25, and I think I actually spent about £40. This is the thing with speculating on share markets or crypto. You have to assume that the market will sometimes fall, and you can never put in money that you're unable to afford to lose - completely.

Eh, it is an experiment in the first place. I'm watching the price a little bit more often from now and I'm going to start actually trading it. Right now I could sell to recoup 25p in lost profit... I'm going to keep an eye today and hope for 50p 😂

In between doing a few more surveys on Prolific, which I should have been doing anyway...

Things that are odd: I was just doing a study and part of it involved doing a search for a flight. I unexpectedly saw flights to Spain for £17 each way. Somehow, it seems bizarre that I was pondering local amateur theatre tickets last week for £13 and not being sure that I wanted to go at that price...

No comments:

Post a Comment