Saturday 13 August 2022

Deflation

I have done something to my neck. I don't know how, but all the muscles are so sore that I can barely move. 😒 5h of waiting in A & E, crying in pain, then a two-minute consult with a doctor who said I had no infection and no swelling and there was nothing they could do for me. I was just so stunned, I'm saying, you can't hear that I can barely speak and you can't see how swollen my neck is? She told me to go to my GP. Who is 2h drive away. And I can't do that, because I can't turn my head.

Anyway. I came home and slept about an hour sitting up, then a few hours of broken sleep lying down. Not really eating. Drinking ends with choking about half the time so I don't really bother with that either. Just feeling very deflated and sorry for myself right now.

Since I'm off work I decided to at least do some studies, and I've done £30 worth so far, so that's something. And my new card arrived in the mail, so tomorrow I'll call the bank to do the balance transfer.

Cheer up surprise: My car insurance automatic renewal failed 😠 because I completely forgot that stupid Barclaycard had reduced my credit limit, and that limit is now below the cost of insurance renewal 😠 so the payment was rejected 😠 and by the time I saw the email, they were closed 😠 and that meant my policy had lapsed by the time I could call them this morning 😠 so when I called them they had to generate a brand new policy, which was £61 more than my existing one 😠 so I asked why it had gone up, and she investigated whether she could find any discounts... my new policy then came in £11 cheaper than last week's renewal quote 😃👏

Currently cooking: apple crumble (4x softening apples, flour bought during the first lockdown (!), butter frozen two years ago (!), mixed dried fruit that I think was bought around four years ago (!)). All these things were unopened and seem fine. I am also using sugar that I think came home free from Old Work. There's a certain satisfaction that my freezer is almost empty of "stuff I saved from waste" - the only things left are the butter and three packs of chopped mango. Maybe there's a mango crumble in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment