Thursday 19 October 2023

The Concoction

One broccoli & cheese pasta sauce packet from Food Club, two spoonfuls of expired-but-free tinned pinto beans, a third of a tin of corn kernels, a third of a tin of peas, all also from Food Club. Result? Yummy. I sorted the daily protein out with some eggy bread for dinner. Again, an all-Food-Club meal.

I was very slack and skipped the Pregnancy Supper Club last night. Just wasn't in the mood for it, having had a bit of a stressful few days. The last couple of meetups have been ok but I've not made any friends or really been in contact with anyone from them, and there was no "activity" planned except for a "swap meet" which I had nothing to contribute to, anyway. I missed out on fruit, dips, and bread, but I had food here anyway.

I have had a really good day so far, went into Food Club and managed to get a free pack of falafel and a prepped salad to go with it for dinner tonight. I also nabbed some pears, pastries, mini pizzas, and who can resist a strawberry donut with sprinkles? 😊 There are more changes in the shop part... the chili con carne tins are back 😁 but they're now restricting tins 😑 so instead of buying a chicken curry tin like I'd wanted to, I was forced to choose a pack of fish fingers instead. I don't really understand their reasoning unless someone was abusing things, but it is what it is and I still went home with a good option anyway.

I also had a great antenatal appointment with my midwife, she really is brilliant, except she's now thinking the birth centre might not be a good choice - get this - because my last birth was so fast/easy. I told her I might just arrive waaaay early and then walk around the carpark for hours before going in, if they're that insistent on people not turning up in early labour. She laughed, and said, well, if you turn up really early there's nothing they can do about that!

I didn't make level 20 on that game, but I did make the last checkpoint of level 18, which pays decently and should go into my account in the next few days. I've installed a new bingo game (there seems to be a never-ending stream of these) so we'll see how this goes.

I've used more site credit and now have a ticket to win a Jaguar...

No comments:

Post a Comment