Wednesday 11 October 2023

Platinum Linings

I feel much better after some proper self-care. 😊

And here I am in the world without internet data. Well, severely speed-throttled. To my absolute surprise, the game is still playable. And I can still read any web page I care to read, it just requires a little patience for it to load. I'll pretend I'm back in the year 2000 and dial-up was the only speed we had. And I'll enact gratefulness that I even have access to the world in this way.

Today I "cooked" chili con carne, as in, I made rice and mixed in a tin, then added mushrooms and carrots. Two meals from that tin, so one goes into my fridge as a ready meal. The other has been eaten for lunch and was absolutely delicious. I'm conscious that the weeks are ticking by so I'm trying to maintain at least a weeks' worth of instant dinners, between the fridge and the freezer. Green veg are now exhausted in my kitchen though so it's off to Food Club for me.

I did a quick check of my bank statement and I've cashed out £110 from my programmes over the past month. Not terrible, but not enough, so it's time to knuckle down. Then I realised I needed to earn eight pounds (and have it actually land in my bank account) to avoid missing my next bill. Prolific is a site that credits instantly for some surveys... a couple of surveys completed, job done! 😁

Freebie: I bought a RevComps ticket in the draw to win a Bentley, using my site credit, which I get just by visiting each day. Well, I don't really want the Bentley, but I can take it as £70,000 cash when I win (I said "when"... manifesting). I also, at the same time, used £1 of the credit on a lucky dip ticket, and I won £100 in site credit! So the important question is... do I buy 18 more tickets on the Bentley? πŸ˜‚

No comments:

Post a Comment