Sunday 29 October 2023

Loose Threads

So I went into Food Club once I'd burned through the TGTG haul. Seeing as I haven't really cooked for a week - I had just bought food when I got first the salad bag then the sandwich bag - I really didn't need tinned food from Food Club. But I wanted to make the trip anyway, to get some other cupboard staples, and see what else they had.

Well, they had a lovely array of snacks (it's been a while!) so I've come home with a mystery bag of cakes. Turns out they are double-chocolate orange muffins, croissants, and halloween donuts, and also really lovely. I also went across the road to Fave Supermarket Chain (double duty from the car!) to get some items that I need for my hospital bag. I picked up a family assortment of biscuits, a box of chocolates and some sweets (all for the midwives!) plus, of course, the kinds of snacks I might like to eat during labour. Along with the standard Fave Soft Drink (in cans, so I can take it with me) I have overall spent way too much today. But I suppose it needed doing.

The whole exercise was absolutely exhausting and I am belatedly realising that my fitness is certainly not what it once was 😂 and that's the understatement of the year! But I'm otherwise feeling good and feeling well. And finally, I am feeling organised. I have everything that I need and know where it all is. Plus, I have my final ultrasound and measurement this week to make sure everything's on track. I don't expect any surprises as things have been so terribly routine and boring at every check up for the past six months. 😊 Exactly the way it should be.

Spent: £5 of my bonus from work on Raspberry Leaf Tea from Amazon. It's awful, tastes like grass, but it's supposed to be a good idea. I still have £32 in that bonus account and I get another £20 or so in a few weeks' time. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment